Pages

Thursday, May 30, 2019

Quiver!

What is the one variable in people
who can heavily lean in joy?
It is part of vulnerability but its also a practice!

Its gratitude!
The only thing that separate people who cannot
lean into joy is because we are dress rehearsing tragedy!

And the reason we dress rehearse tragedy, is so we can
beat vulnerability a punch!

So its like this great thing is happening but then I am going to
picture the worst case scenario, so when I get hurt I am prepared!

But by doing that the only thing that you are doing is squandering the joy
of that moment, that builds a reservoir for when hard things happen!
So do our bodies really perceive joy as vulnerability and threat?

and we quiver? And some of us use this quiver as a warning sign and start
thinking about terrible things! And others use that quiver as a reminder to be grateful!

Its like Celie said, 'I might be black, I might be ugly but I am here! I am here!'

No comments:

Post a Comment