Pages

Monday, May 27, 2019

Guilt and Shame!

There is a huge difference between guilt and shame!
Guilt is 'I made a mistake'
Shame is 'I am a mistake'!

Shame is the voice that says
'You are not good enough!'
I know you are not good enough or
powerful enough!

and if we can quiet down and walk in
and say I am going to do this!

Shame drives two big tapes!

'Never good enough!'
and if you can talk yourself out of that one!

'Who do you think you are!?'

Shame is focus on self ,
guilt is a focus on behavior!

Shame is I am bad! Guilt is I did something bad!

'I am sorry I made a mistake' - Guilt
'I am sorry, I am a mistake' - shame!

and do not even for a second think that you are a mistake!
Do not let anyone treat you that way!

shame is correlated with depression, bullying, eating disorders!
and guilt is inversely correlated with those things!

The ability hold something that we have done or failed to do
up against who we want to be is adaptive! Its uncomfortable
but its adaptive!

So its okay to have shame...If you deny shame you become a sociopath!
So the choice is easy!

Hold responsibility for your existence here!
Serve your purpose with whatever that you have!

No comments:

Post a Comment