Pages

Thursday, May 30, 2019

Difference between Shame and Humiliation!

If Salli gets a bad report...teacher calls her in front of the entire class and writes
'STUPID' on her paper in  front of everyone! There are two responses that Salli could create!

1. May be my paper was not written well but I did not deserve to be called in front of the entire class and called stupid! I did NOT deserve this! - Humiliation!

2. She is my teacher, she called me in front of the entire class and said I am stupid so I must be stupid! - Shame!

The difference between humiliation and shame is the sense of 'Deserving'!
So humiliation is a superior emotion because it shelters your self worth!
And discards shame regardless of who is offering that!
what age, qualification and post
the person has!

No comments:

Post a Comment