Pages

Thursday, April 13, 2023

An ode to - Kal ho na ho :)

Running around the city]

Trying to heal my broken heart

While searching for my father,
Who is long gone.

A younger brother,
A precious baby sister,
A mother and a grandma 
who don't get along...

Grumpy all day, 
Raging against the world,
My best friend is there,
He tolerates it all.

A life filled with loved ones,
But my father's loss 
Has left a hole in my heart...

I am waiting for a miracle,
May be an angel,
To comfort and console me
Through the storm

I peek out the window one morning,
and I hear you singing
'pretty woman'
staring into my eyes.

The skeptical me ignores 
all that you are doing,
but you have taught me to smile
with all the warmth and fuzzies

You are helpful, gentle,
you have almost become
a voice in my head
and I have fallen for you alas...

Strolling through all the pastels,
I have chosen red,
passionate, adventurous,
I confess my love at last..

But you are a 'married man'
and you tell me to hold my best friend's hand
who loves me beyond measures,
I accept my best friend with a broken heart.

We are picking jewellery for the wedding,
and life reveals to me,
that my angel is 
about to die...

I run, through streets of 
NewYork...crying my heart out,
staring into the sea...and 
you arrive to console me...

You express your love for me
with your eyes...
and hold me close to your 'heart'..
(heart) that has made you sick
and I fail to breathe at all...

You have gone.
The angel I loved so
dearly is Gone...
a miracle who made
me smile has gone...
a blessing who made
me forget my father has gone...

and before leaving me
you have graced me with a love..
of my best friend 
who is my companion lifelong...

- Nirzara Verulkar














Movie that just gets Shah Rukh right!
In my opinion one of the BEST rom coms Indian cinema has created!
and does justice to shah Rukh's wit...

Karan Johar has portrayed this woman called Naina...
Her struggles, her pain, her messed up relationships..
A woman that was so layered...
who wants to sort the relationships first
(before having a career or a marriage)

And in walks the angel who bestows upon her those
blessings...gradually, unknowingly...
Transforms her life...

and gifts her Her best friend as her Lover...

My heart breaks at the end when
Aman and Naina meet at the water's edge...

The colour palette of the movie was a breath of fresh air...
and brought an entire new aesthetic to Indian Movies...

And the songs by Javed Saab....NEVER fail...























Best work by Mr. Karan Johar!

No comments:

Post a Comment